YSHIELD Mumetall - magnetic field
shielding film - MCL61
Magnetic field shield - MCL61 ---- $95.90 (free
film to shield LF magnetic fields with 30 dB attenuation =
MCL61 is a
novel magnetic shielding film made from an amorphous cobalt alloy for shielding of
low-frequency alternating magnetic fields. Also shields low-frequency electric alternating fields (LF) and
high-frequency fields (HF).
Statical magnetic fields: Other than stated in the headline, this product is not
MUMETALL®. It is utilizing a newer alloy which provides a better shielding. MUMETALL® is promoted to shield
statical magnetic fields, refered to the usually used foils (material thickness 0.1 mm) the effect of the shielding
is quite low indeed. It is using cobalt based alloy which attenuation is increasing from strength
to strength of the velocity of the magnetic fields. There are no velocities by statical magnetic fields or
by permanent magnets, that is why this product won´t shield those.
In comparison with MUMETALL® the MCL61 has many advantages: MUMETALL® is soft and
sensitive, on bending, to shocks and on processing it looses the attenuation very fast. The cobalt strips
in the MCL61 are flexible but hard even at small bending radii. The attenuation remains
constant even at high mechanical stress. Because the cobalt strips are only 20 µm thin, 50 mm width and sharp like
a knife, it is laminated for protection. Due to the lamination MCL61 is
corrosion-resistant even in humid environments. With a width of 61 cm big areas are
shielded faster compared to 15 cm width MUMETALL®-strips. MCL61 can easily be cut with scissors.
- Width: 61 cm, length: 100 cm (can order any length of 61cm width).
- Attenuation LF magnetic field: 30 dB (97 %); The attenuation depends on the number of
phases, cable twisting, the size of the area, etc.; Work in large areas: Shield cables with 1-2 sheets,
fuse-boxes with 2-4 sheets;
- Attenuation HF: 75 dB.
- Weight: 265 g/m²; Material thickness: 0.1 mm; Color: Silver
- Permeability: µ 2 = 10,000; µ 4 = 25,000; µ max. = 100,000;
- Saturation polarization Bs: 0.55 T
- Coercive field strength Hc: 0.5 A/m
- Remanence Br/Bs: 0.7
- Curie temperature Tc: 225 °C
- Materials: Polyester, Co69, Fe4, Mo4, Nb1, Si16, B7.
- Application: Floor, Ceiling, Wall interior, Magnetic field, Wall exterior.
- Color: Silver.